Your shopping cart is empty!
The moving and handling of people is a regular task particularly in health and social care, which if not done safely, can cause serious injury to service users and staff. This is a key part of the working day for most employees; from moving equipment, laundry, catering, supplies or waste to assisting residents in moving.
Incorrect moving and handling practice can lead to:
• Back pain and musculoskeletal disorders, which can lead to inability to work
• Moving and handling accidents – which can injure both the person being moved and the employee
• Discomfort and a lack of dignity for the person being moved
Every employer is required by law to take reasonable steps to safeguard the health and safety of all employees, one of which is increasing awareness about the hazards of incorrect handling techniques and to minimise the risks involved. B&M Supplies provides training to ensure carers are brought to a level of proficiency in order to carry out the required daily elements of moving and handling safely and competently. Our sessions include an introduction, interactive discussion, practical session under supervision and questions and answers.
• Legislation and The Law
• The Spine and types of injuries
• Principles of Safe moving and handling
• risk assessment and T.I.L.E.
• Safer techniques
• non advisable moves
• Biomechanics and ergonomics
• Practical session and assessment
The course can be tailored specifically to the needs of the service you provide. Our course aims to be as informative as possible whilst maintaining a relaxed atmosphere. The input of students is always welcomed and encouraged and often produces a more knowledgeable outcome.
Please contact us for more information or a quote on 01704 553773
There are no products to list in this category.